To measure an object, we usually use a ruler. Have you ever gone somewhere and wanted to measure something but forgot to bring the ruler?
Fortunately, there is now an online ruler that you can easily use through the site or app. Suitable to be an alternative when you forget to bring a ruler.
If you also want to try this ruler online, I will explain the recommendations of the application and how to use it.
How to use an online ruler Apps
You can use this site or this ruler app easily. And can be opened via PC, laptop, and mobile phone.
The ruler appears on the screen, and you must place the object to be measured in front of the screen.
Here are the rule recommendations and how to use them:
The first virtual rule provider site that I recommend is Ursupplier. You can get up to a 46 cm virtual ruler on this site.
Besides, you can also adjust the number of inches of Ursupplier’s virtual ruler according to your taste.
Well, here’s how to use it:
First, open your browser and visit the Ursupplier Ruler site.
You will then be directed to the actual size ruler page.
Place an object in front of the screen to measure its size.
If you want to change the amount per inch, you can change the options in One Inch Graduation. Here the options are 1/8, 1/16, and 1/32. Adjust according to your needs.
Then there is the PiliApp site. The difference compared to before is that the length of the virtual ruler supported by this site does not exceed 30 cm.
Despite this, the exciting point of this virtual ruler in PiliApp is that there is a function to recognize the size of the screen you are using.
Here’s how to use it:
1. First, please visit the PiliApp website.
2. A virtual ruler then appears. Fix the object you want to measure on the screen.
3. If you want to try the device screen measurement feature, tap the I don’t know my screen size button at the bottom.
4. A dialog box showing the screen size of the device appears.
Besides providing a virtual ruler tool, PiliApp also has various other devices. Like an inch counter, stopwatch, analog clock, and many more.
As before, the Preciseruler only supplies rulers with a maximum length of 30 cm.
Although the length is standard, in the Preciseruler, you can change the option from the regular ruler to an L-ruler (L-shaped ruler).
Here’s how to use it:
1. First, visit the Preciseruler website in your browser.
2. A ruler will appear. Please measure the object by staring at the screen.
3. If you want to switch to an L-shaped ruler, click the L-Square button.
4. Here, the virtual ruler of the Preciseruler will be like the following picture.
By default, the Preciseruler virtual ruler uses CM units. But if you need, you can also change it to inches.
4. Use of applications (mobile phones)
Besides the website, there are various ruler apps on mobile phones that you can use to measure objects.
The way to use it is more or less similar to the previous one. Please follow these steps:
1. First, please install the Ruler app in the play store.
2. If already installed, open the app.
3. A virtual ruler appears on the screen. Place the object you want to measure in front of the screen.
To simply measure objects, the rulers I recommended earlier should suffice.
But if you want to try other apps, you can do that too. There are still many similar sites or different rules apps on the play store.
That’s it for me, and I hope it helps.