A mockup is a conceptual image digitally designed to look like the real thing. There are many types of mockups. Like stickers, wallpapers, and more. Including clothes.
The existence of a shirt mockup can make the printed clothes more beautiful and accurate, and the design can also be personalized as desired.
Well, do you want to know how to do it? I will explain the steps to you.
How to Make a Mockup Using Adobe Photoshop
I based this mockup on the Adobe Photoshop application. Why this? Because in Photoshop, in addition to supporting different image formats, the mockup can be arranged in such a way.
For instance :
- Change of colors
- Adding a logo
- Adding text
- And many others.
The method is as follows:
1. Prepare the model material
First, you need to prepare the mockup materials. For the material here, I recommend using transparent. PNG format and the design are simple.
There are many ways to find it on the internet. For example, on the site purepng.com. Just type in the keyword “shirt.”
Along with the shirt mockup, prepare additional images of the design you want to attach to the shirt later—for example, logos or texts like the ones I mentioned.
2. Import to Photoshop
After preparing all the mockup materials, open Adobe Photoshop on your PC.
Click File in Photoshop > Select Open > Then find the mockup image. You can also drag and drop the file directly onto the spreadsheet.
3. Recolored Shirt
The mockup materials you can get are usually available in multiple colors. Now, if you want to adjust the color, for example, darker or lighter,
you can follow these recoloring steps:
- First, select the Quick Selection Tool.
- Next, select the shirt on the mockup image.
- Press Ctrl + J to duplicate the layer.
- Please duplicate the layer and name it as you wish. For example, blue.
- If so, click on the blue layer.
- Choose to Create New Fill and Adjustment Layer.
- Then click on the Solid Color menu.
- Then choose the color you want.
- If so, click the OK button.
- Now move the blue layer up.
- Change the layer mode to the multiplier to make the color look more natural.
- If you have changed the color but the color is still not good, double click on the layer color fill and then set the color from the menu.
4. Import an image into the shirt
The material for the regular t-shirt mockup is already there. Now, to design it, you have to improvise it yourself.
One of them is adding images like the t-shirt designs that are trending now.
Here are the steps:
- First, import the additional image into Photoshop.
- Place the picture pattern in the shirt area and adjust its size.
- If so, right-click on the image design.
- Select the Warp menu.
- Follow the curve of the shirt in the picture.
- Then you click the check mark to apply the result.
- It will look like this.
- It is done.
The model is finished. You must take the design to the screen printing workshop to make clothes based on the design.
If there are any steps you don’t understand, feel free to ask them in the comment section. Or maybe you also want to ask for design advice.
I hope you will find it useful.